Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar 12Ri or Viessnann Vitodens 100-W 13KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brian2416

Hi all,

Need your professional help in selecting the best Heat-Only boiler to replace my ageing Baxi Solo in my 3 Bedroom House 7 radiators.

Have done some research on the web and have come up with a match between Viessmann or WB.

Price not a issue, just want the best Heat-Only boiler.

Both offer extensive warranties 5/7 years.

I slightly favour the WB because of it's high profile in this country and a very good back-up system in my area, i.e plenty of accredited WB installers in this area.

Your expert views would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Brian

Have you asked your installer? I favour Intergas at the moment, they need to be fitted by a Platinum 5 installer to get the 5 year warranty though. Not a great fan of Worcester now, I think they are trading on past glories although the Ri range are better than the combis because they are not stuffed full of so much plastic. Not familiar with the Viessman.

Both are made of expensive German plastic the vitodens 100 have as well a long rubber hose like a motor car, no no for me.
I will go for intergas.

Just look at the heat exchanger / build quality, it is got to be a Viessmann.
Hope I am not proved wrong as put one in my own house !

I only use Worcester and Intergas for heat only installs. Very little issues with both.

As vern says the Worcester ri range are great little boilers! They get my vote too.

As vern says the Worcester ri range are great little boilers! They get my vote too.

Hey the RI ain't perfect(early fan problems all sorted now) but WITH A 7 year warranty i wouldn't worry, mate fitted a load of Baxi heat only's as no pump overrun to sort, 2-3 years in customers have give him serious grief, boilers now out of warranty too!

Just look at the heat exchanger / build quality, it is got to be a Viessmann.
Hope I am not proved wrong as put one in my own house !

They ain't bad Chris I know one of their lead engineers, combi plates block up and rubber hoses from hex, not seen their heat only yet!

INTERGAS less to go wrong as no complicated wb pcb/computers in it.

funny to say but last 2 i ripped out were worcesters to be replaced by intergas as custards didnt want wb in the house:):):)

funny to say but last 2 i ripped out were worcesters to be replaced by intergas as custards didnt want wb in the house:):):)
Lol LP my custards say "inter who" I of course tell them to look up the new ferrolli combi, and tell them of intergas stole their design :grin:

lol dont see any questions on whats wrong with an intergas on here, do see a lot of whats wrong with the wb:)

lol dont see any questions on whats wrong with an intergas on here, do see a lot of whats wrong with the wb:)

WB SOLD thousands LP of greenstars going back 7 years, how Intergas have been sold and fitted?

Give it time they will do a Glenn Dimplex!

its like saying.......Brown rover 75's are the most reliable cars on the road because you never see them in a garage :grin:

Going to stir things up a little i like the logic heat only range British made easy to get hold of parts and not bad technical help line as well

Could be due to how many are installed Worcester Bosch have a big market share as we all know. don't no what market share inter gas have but would assume not very big so this may be the reason .i did see intergas at a trade show 2 years ago and there products looked ok.not ever seen one fitted or no any one who has install one .

WB SOLD thousands LP of greenstars going back 7 years, how Intergas have been sold and fitted?

Give it time they will do a Glenn Dimplex!

its like saying.......Brown rover 75's are the most reliable cars on the road because you never see them in a garage :grin:

Not sure on sales, probably 1000s as intergas been going over 40 years and wb 51 years, so both well established companies, but intergas are expanding out of their home market as they are growing still

Not sure on sales, probably 1000s as intergas been going over 40 years and wb 51 years, so both well established companies, but intergas are expanding out of their home market as they are growing still

Only pulling it LP.......you, Dancin and MJ swear by them, need to see one fitted and have a good looksie:grin:

Get yourself on the course and have a look. If you like them you're ahead of the game. I used to be a big Worcester fanboy but got ticked off with their attitude to the smaller guys. "Yes you can be a platinum installer and get 7 years warranty just fit 50 boilers a year" Having worked for a firm that fitted thousands of boilers a year I've seen the sort of rubbish work that large firms do, and yes we fitted Worcester. Basically what that says to me is quantity over quality.

One of the reasons I like Intergas and Atag is their attitude to the small guys, they want us fitting their products as they know they get a better quality install from the ones that bother to attend the training courses. Combine that with a quality product and you're onto a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Get yourself on the course and have a look. If you like them you're ahead of the game. I used to be a big Worcester fanboy but got ticked off with their attitude to the smaller guys. "Yes you can be a platinum installer and get 7 years warranty just fit 50 boilers a year" Having worked for a firm that fitted thousands of boilers a year I've seen the sort of rubbish work that large firms do, and yes we fitted Worcester. Basically what that says to me is quantity over quality.

One of the reasons I like Intergas and Atag is their attitude to the small guys, they want us fitting their products as they know they get a better quality install from the ones that bother to attend the training courses. Combine that with a quality product and you're onto a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Mike TBH I have worked on ATAG commercial stuff mainly the blue angel (developed with Strebel and sold by Beeston as the SHR) good kit and easy to work on with honeywell CV valve etc......

I fit ideal logics most of the time and never had problems with them and there cheaper so why pay more for a boiler when a cheaper one can do the same thing and last just as long.

Never ever came across an atag or an intergas fitted anywhere.
Plumbline (plumbase) had an intergas on display last year but said sales were virtually non existent (around 3 in a month).
I've no doubt they are a decent enough boiler but i need something with a proven track record and good manu back up. I'm afraid those 2 don't fall into that category for me.
Ri would be my choice followed by a logic.

Lol LP my custards say "inter who" I of course tell them to look up the new ferrolli combi, and tell them of intergas stole their design :grin:

fitted a fair of the new ferroli modena He's and there cheaper than intergas but stealing intergas's design ,
nah twin pass heat exchangers have been around for years.
but manufacturers realised they were losing money on spares not having a diverter valve i reckon thats why some ditched them

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a "Big Thank You" to you all, for taking the time to reply to my question. Most Kind.

I have decided to go with the WB Greenstar 12Ri.

Once again Many Thanks

Regards

Brian

You can not do anything wrong with the WB unless you are thinking of complicated setups with multiple heat sources , pumps, etc. then the Vitodens plays in a different league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 12Ri or Viessnann Vitodens 100-W 13KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock