Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch flue self tapers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the self tapers for Worcester flue joints? Worcester want like £2.50 per screw. Just been to a local fixings place and they don’t have any. Any help would be great

Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the self tapers for Worcester flue joints? Worcester want like £2.50 per screw. Just been to a local fixings place and they don’t have any. Any help would be great
What is with you and Worcester’s?:D:D

100mm dia
60mm internal

gives 40mm space / 2 20mm either side + 1.5mm - 2mm for the alu

gives you around 21-22mm screw length before you hit anything in theory

I’m terrible mate. I’ve had my gas for near 5 years but always done wet Plumbing no gas. That’s why I question everything.

I know that feeling, I was doing plumbing for about 11 years, held gas for same amount of time, but rarely touched it, certainly not appliances, not even heating. I still question stuff. :eek:

I know that feeling, I was doing plumbing for about 11 years, held gas for same amount of time, but rarely touched it, certainly not appliances, not even heating. I still question stuff. :eek:
I sometimes think it would be less hassle to knock it all in the head and just stack shelves. Especially when you’re expected to do things that contravene regs. I’d rather not have the job.

I sometimes think it would be less hassle to knock it all in the head and just stack shelves. Especially when you’re expected to do things that contravene regs. I’d rather not have the job.

I’ve often found myself thinking the same thing, but I’ve worked stacking shelves and checkout operation when I was an apprentice, it’s a bit mundane. I like the challenges of this job and having to sometimes think on your feet.

Guys, if an inner flue had been screwed or drilled how do we determine whether that’s happened or not without physically looking at it? Our firm recently replaced a flue due to the inner flue being screwed but trying to get an answers as to how they found that is like getting blood out of a stone.

Will show up on your inlet / fresh air tests eg co2 and ppm

Taking it all apart is the only sure fire way of knowing as if they've screwed into the inner flue then it's likely the screw alone is enough to plug the hole and not affect combustion or air inlet tests.

That or a snake cam down the air inlet through the entire length of flue

Sometimes you can see along the inner flue through the test point or back looking back down from outside the house

Reply to Worcester Bosch flue self tapers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock