• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Worcester Bosch flue self tapers? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the self tapers for Worcester flue joints? Worcester want like £2.50 per screw. Just been to a local fixings place and they don’t have any. Any help would be great

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the self tapers for Worcester flue joints? Worcester want like £2.50 per screw. Just been to a local fixings place and they don’t have any. Any help would be great
What is with you and Worcester’s?:D:D

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Screwfix self drilling pan head screws

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
100mm dia
60mm internal

gives 40mm space / 2 20mm either side + 1.5mm - 2mm for the alu

gives you around 21-22mm screw length before you hit anything in theory

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I’m terrible mate. I’ve had my gas for near 5 years but always done wet Plumbing no gas. That’s why I question everything.
I know that feeling, I was doing plumbing for about 11 years, held gas for same amount of time, but rarely touched it, certainly not appliances, not even heating. I still question stuff. :eek:

OP
M

macka09

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I know that feeling, I was doing plumbing for about 11 years, held gas for same amount of time, but rarely touched it, certainly not appliances, not even heating. I still question stuff. :eek:
I sometimes think it would be less hassle to knock it all in the head and just stack shelves. Especially when you’re expected to do things that contravene regs. I’d rather not have the job.

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I sometimes think it would be less hassle to knock it all in the head and just stack shelves. Especially when you’re expected to do things that contravene regs. I’d rather not have the job.
I’ve often found myself thinking the same thing, but I’ve worked stacking shelves and checkout operation when I was an apprentice, it’s a bit mundane. I like the challenges of this job and having to sometimes think on your feet.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom