Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch filter fitted too high? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had a new 32 CDi Compact WB boiler fitted recently,along with a Greenstar filter.

The filter has been fitted very high up, about 4-5 cm from the ceiling. Watching youtube videos, it seems the lid has to be unscrewed and the filter lifted out from the top. Can the filter be unscrewed (top and bottom) instead and removed this way when servicing the boiler? I don't want to find the warranty is invalid as the boiler can't be serviced in 12 month's time.

Also, should I (a homeowner) be able to remove and inspect the filter or is a corgi registered engineer required to do this?

Thanks
Andy

You can remove the whole filter and clean out if there isn't enough space to get the magnet out, just more of a pain in the arse to do so.
A homeowner shouldn't need to inspect the filter.
They never really get that dirty tbh unless the system wasn't sufficiently cleaned prior to the install. So once a year with the boiler service is normally adequate.
You don't need to be 'gas safe' to clean one, just a basic understanding of the system. I.e making sure pump and boiler are off before isolating it.

Not the best but better than not having one fitted

I have had a new 32 CDi Compact WB boiler fitted recently,along with a Greenstar filter.

The filter has been fitted very high up, about 4-5 cm from the ceiling. Watching youtube videos, it seems the lid has to be unscrewed and the filter lifted out from the top. Can the filter be unscrewed (top and bottom) instead and removed this way when servicing the boiler? I don't want to find the warranty is invalid as the boiler can't be serviced in 12 month's time.

Also, should I (a homeowner) be able to remove and inspect the filter or is a corgi registered engineer required to do this?

Thanks
Andy
Just out of pure professional interest what made you choose a Worcester Boiler ...Rob Foster
centralheatking

Thanks
Andy
Your GSR installer should have fully informed you of all aspects of your installation before you signed it off and then you pay the final balance etc. However this is one of the reasons UkPF
is so good Rob Foster aka centralheatking

This is the filter

20190514_164804.jpg

You could have got that another 10cm lower which at that point I'd suspect you'd get the lid off and the filter section out.

TBH wrong filter for job. Needed something different if it was going above boiler.

You could have got that another 10cm lower which at that point I'd suspect you'd get the lid off and the filter section out.

TBH wrong filter for job. Needed something different if it was going above boiler.
Don't Worcester specify their filter for the extended warranty though? Or do they do different versions?

Don't fit Worcesters so don't know, however I have read somewhere they now do a compact one?

TBH I won't fit anything other than Adey for filters.
Same here, I haven't fit a Worcester in 4 years and always stick to the adey filters. That's another plus for baxi, they don't specify a filter just so long as you fit one.

Reply to Worcester Bosch filter fitted too high? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock