Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Fault code P3 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A customer rang this morning, says they have a intermittent fault on the boiler P3. Its a Worcester CDI30 I think from a past visit. I did quote for a new boiler 10 months ago, but the old one is still hanging in there. I looked on line as I don't have the book with me. Any suggestions? He says he just press's the reset button off it goes. Without going to look could it be the electrodes? Thanks

A quick google search states 24v fuse blown, replace fuse? Is it a Combi? The attached is from a Worcester engineers booklet for the cdi range, and no mention of a P3.

Attachments

• 95BC3D41-B837-409E-8B87-6293790CE9CD.jpeg
    95BC3D41-B837-409E-8B87-6293790CE9CD.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried calling the Worcester Bosch technical helpline? (ISTR that codes starting with P refer to the PCB and aren't listed in the installation guide. They aren't good news...) They'll probably want more precise details of the boiler model than you've given above but you may be lucky.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Fault code P3 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I've got a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler and I'm trying to replace the room thermostat which has a faulty display. The faulty thermostat is a DT10RF optimiser which is discontinued so I purchased a Comfort 2 RF which is supposed to be the equivalent replacement. It should be a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under guarantee as I get it checked annually with British Gas (they installed it and said the guarantee would be extended until it is 10yr old if I kept the annual...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a booming/banging sound randomly. This is a noise like a pocket of gas igniting and can be loud enough to make you jump. It's been impossible for the...
Replies
Views
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock