Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 20/25 Problem in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Is there anyone out there who has come across this problem.
Our boiler locked out so pressed the reset button and it seemed that all was fine. Red light went out and fan started etc. About an hour later noticed nothing seemed to be warming up. But motor was still running and no lockout. Called out service guy who replaced photocell. Same result, motor starts no ignition but motor continued to run.
So he replaced control box (Honeywell TF832.3) the replaced box had some heat damage at top right corner. Service man said faulty photocell could have damaged controller.
Tried again, same result. Service man checked ignition unit and replaced. Again he said there was evidence of heat damage.
This time boiler fired and ran, for just over an hour. No lockout but cold pipes. Service man came out again and replaced control box. Boiler fired and ran. This time for just over two hours.

Questions.
1. Why is the boiler not locking out and motor turning off when there is no flame? Honeywell data sheet and common sense suggest that a lock out should occur.
2. Has anyone come across this type of problem before and any suggestions?

Thanks Guys

Reply to Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 20/25 Problem in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm water is pooling in the base of the unit. Can't see an obvious leak and all the components are dry. I'm guessing it's the thermal store leaking. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock