Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Cycling Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help me. I have a Worcester Bosch 19/24CBI boiler and it keeps cycling. When trying to heat the hot water (same for heating) the boiler is off more than it is on and thus unless timed for a very long time never gets the desired outcome. In essence it was on with the burner lit for around 18 minutes in an hour and no burner lit for 42 minutes in an hour. Whilst the burner was off, the fan and pump remained running. The pump is quite new and I am sure has good flow. Below is the timings of the on and off cycling of the boiler covering an hour for info:
On 4:41
Off 5:57
On 2:47
Off 4:48
On 1:46
Off 5:14
On 2:10
Off 5:59
On 2:07
Off 6:46
On 2:18
Off 9:07
On 2:17

From time to time - every few weeks it also locks out and I need to reset it by turning the dial to the left and back again.

Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this cycling issue or locking out please? All ideas and theories appreciated as it’s an old boiler and I do not have a lot of money to throw at it.

Could be a few things, sensors , pump can’t pump the water away fast enough and maybe hex is dirty etc

Hi ShaunCorbs, thanks for the reply. The pump was replaced in case it was the cause. It has 3 speed settings and it makes no difference to the cycling on setting 1 or 3. Which sensors may be at fault? Being old it’s quite basic any guidance would be appreciated in where to start looking. Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the hex?

Reply to Worcester Bosch Cycling Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25 seconds before exceeding the set CH flow temperature and entering it's 3 minute short cycle programme. As soon as the short cycle programme kicks in...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock