Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch combi - HW suddenly runs cold for a few seconds in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I've searched the existing threads but not found an answer...

I've just had a new W-B combi installed and it's excellent. But the question is about what's "normal".

My wife and I both take a shower each morning, one after the other, and the shower is turned off for 10-15 seconds while we change places. After the second person has been showering for perhaps a minute it is interrupted by running fully cold for about 5 seconds.
I quizzed the installer (Accredited WB installer) and he recommended not using the ECO mode. He says the ECO mode (which basically disables pre-heating of the hw heat exchanger) includes a flush of the heat exchanger with cold when the hot is turned off. It's conceivable that it takes a minute to get through the pipes to the shower. So I did as recommended and it seemed ok for several days but today we (I) suffered the cold flush again.
No other taps are used during the showering. It's a Grohe thermostatic shower which otherwise works brilliantly. If we leave the shower running during the switchover there's no problem - except water showering out of the cubicle door.

What is "normal"?
Thanks

Yes normal it’s the lag of when you turn the shower off and on again it doesn’t produce hot water instantly so either turn eco off or leave the shower running if it’s for 5-10 seconds eg when swapping

Thanks. I've turned off ECO and was disappointed the problem was still there, but if it's normal...

Yes best to either leave the shower running or turn it off for 5 mins plus etc

Reply to Worcester Bosch combi - HW suddenly runs cold for a few seconds in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock