Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester-Bosch 8000 repressure question (leak related) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Currently have a 11yr old Ideal Plus35 Combi in the loft of a 3 bed bungalow serving 6 rads + UFH in lounge/kitchen. Had problems with leaks and pressure drops to boilers resulting in new mains supply pipe plus digging up internal floors. Still have pressure loss of c. 0.5 bar over 2 weeks in winter.

Intending to replace the boiler with a Worcester Bosch Life System 8000 as the Ideal Plus is always breaking down. One question: is the 'auto repressure' on this boiler an option that can be turned off? The reason I ask is that I do not want to 'mask' the low pressure problem we have (if it is another leak in the system).

According to what I read, it is 99% likely that we still have a leak in the system pipes (as opposed to the boiler - which has been checked for leaks, PRV etc etc many times),

Any advice gratefully received, thanks!

No one else has commented yet so I will put this out there. I had a look at this particular units manual and I couldn’t see anything saying that it could be turned off but the manual did state to use it manually or automatically so I imagine it is possible. The manual also stated it will prevent frequent topping up if it detects abnormal pressure drops, like a leak.
I’m an oil burner technician by trade so really am not familiar with gas appliances. Hopefully someone has trained will be along short or after work. You could always contact Worcester yourself to find out for sure.

Yes just unplug the auto filling loop

It’s an optional kit so shouldn’t do if it does you should be able to disable them in the menu

Reply to Worcester-Bosch 8000 repressure question (leak related) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock