Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 32CDI . lots of air in Rads but no drop in pressure? please help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, i hope you can shed some light on this , Combi Boiler is located in the loft and was installed March 2020 on existing pipe work/ radiators , i topped up (2) radiators up stairs in October 20 it took a lot of water!
Boiler pressure is set to 1.5 bar (cold resting) and never drops. But found a lot of air in rads (3) upstairs , during the service on Saturday,asked the heating engineer about it and he said it took a lot of water to top up. said i must be a leak!. But to my thinking if i have a leak the pressure would drop? .
Hope someone can help me out here and thanks for your time Regards Rich

I'm assuming it's a sealed CH system.

After a replacement boiler is installed it is quite normal to find some 'air' in the system that needs bleeding. This is a combination of disolved air in the fresh water that was used to refill the system coming out of solution and hydrogen evolving as the passivating layer forms on new pipework, etc.

As long as you had the correct dose of decent quality inhibitor added to the water at the time the boiler was installed it is too soon to draw any firm conclusions. Just bleed the radiators, make a note of the pressure when the system is 'cold', and see what happens over the next month or two.

Many Thanks for the advice ,
Sealed system yes
The pressure when cold is 1.5 bar always and does not go down,
it,s been 11 months since the install and i would a thought all the air would have be removed by now
The inhibitor installed is sentinel.
The filter was very clean according to the engineer.
Am i right about the pressure would have dropped if the system was leaking causing a lot of air in the 3 radiators?
Thanks again

Reply to Worcester Bosch 32CDI . lots of air in Rads but no drop in pressure? please help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock