Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 30 Ri or Worcester Combi equivalent size in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I was initially having a Megaflo ( 170 L ) and a Worcester Bosch 30 ( RI System Boiler ) in a loft conversion The guy that was doing the work can no longer do it

so I was getting another quote for the same set up and the question came up again " why don't you have a Combi boiler ( worcester Bosh again ) its less fuss / things to go wrong cheaper " etc. its just I've always heard problems with pressure and also them going cold if you was having a shower and someone turns another hot tap on it goes cold , plus no back up hotwater if they go wrong but was told they are much better now ! is this the case are they much better now ? the set up in the house would be

Shower in Loft , sink , toilet plus thats where the boiler will be sited and having a new 25 mm MDPE main from road ( plus the megaflo if i go that route )

first floor bath and mixer shower , sink toilet

ground Toilet . sink and kitchen Sink

are they better now ?

Cheers

PS I've got a quote from the new guy for both set ups and im ok with them he said Ill do what you want . so hes not trying to favour one system over another

If you want more than one hot outlet open at a time always unvented if you have the space

I'd always go Cylinder and Boiler over combi if you've got the room and budget.

IMO there's less to go wrong on a cylinder and system boiler than a combi tbh.
Cheers was my original intention to go for the cylinder and System boiler but as it was a new guy quoting it seems a popular thing for them to say go for a Combi instead maybe because they are easier to install

Just check your plumber is qualified to install unvented cylinders. Cylinder is the best option for more than one bathroom.
yeah was all set up and happy to go with Cylinder then had a new Guy round to quote then as always for me it seems I got " why don't you go for combi " but sticking to me guns and going for cylinder got another guy coming round soonish for anther quote
cheers for your reply

Reply to Worcester Bosch 30 Ri or Worcester Combi equivalent size in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock