Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

It is flashing the 'EA' error code, which according to the manual, means no flame is being detected.

I tried resetting the boiler a couple of times but upon doing so, it just makes an extremely loud vibrating/humming noise intermittently, and then turns off and flashes the EA error code again.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

Deleted your other thread you only need to post once

Under warranty min 5 years if you have gas and power time to call Worcester out

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

You can fix yourself if it’s a lack of gas, by which I mean if you have a top up meter and have ran out, or Network has been turned off.
Anything else gas engineer/Worcester warranty required.

Edit: Check your emergency control valve - been to 2 recently where they had been accidentally knocked off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock