Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

It is flashing the 'EA' error code, which according to the manual, means no flame is being detected.

I tried resetting the boiler a couple of times but upon doing so, it just makes an extremely loud vibrating/humming noise intermittently, and then turns off and flashes the EA error code again.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

Under warranty min 5 years if you have gas and power time to call Worcester out

My Worcester Greenstar 29 CDI boiler made a loud bang earlier today, and has now stopped working.

Could anyone advise what the issue is? Boiler is only 3 years old. According to the manual, the EA code means either no gas in the house, frozen condensate pipe or blocked flue outlet.

Wondering if this is something I could fix myself or if I need a gas safe engineer to come and have a look

You can fix yourself if it’s a lack of gas, by which I mean if you have a top up meter and have ran out, or Network has been turned off.
Anything else gas engineer/Worcester warranty required.

Edit: Check your emergency control valve - been to 2 recently where they had been accidentally knocked off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Worcester boiler not working and flashing 'EA' error code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock