Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30 CDI gonna launch it! U109 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flahit

Hi everyone,

I guess like most other newbies here I need help/advice, so here goes.

Boiler is about 8 years old & been a bit of hassle for last 12 months. I recently fitted a new PRV to this & suspected from reading up on the matter there maybe another underlying problem & this has proved to be the case.

Visible or audible problem - Rapidly heats upto U9 & pressure gauge jumps from 1 to 3 bar, i suspect from there it dumps through the PRV. The pressure gauge fluctuation is also accompanied with pipe banging sounds within the boiler, this last only a few seconds & then the boiler does start to cool.

Resetting the boiler appears to open a valve or something as the temperature drops as fast as it went up (on most occassions)

The above problem almost always happens when hot water is demanded, the heating does work but I guess the boiler is going the this heating & cooling process so some heat is achieved from the radiators.

From my understanding through reading up the problems could be one or more of the following, pump, expansions vessel, diverter valve prv, heat exchanger, pcb or in otherwords a new boiler.

The diverter valve does appear to have a problem as when the boiler is in cool state it does not always provide hot water, switching tap on & off eventually gives hot water.

Hopefully I have provided enough info for someone to provide tips to help resolve. Thanks in advance

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 30 CDI gonna launch it! U109 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I must be cursed The new boiler that was fitted yesterday had a problem on commissioning, when the central heating was turned on the boiler fired but the pipework was only getting hot up to a certain point, it took the plumber a couple of hours to figure out what was happening, the problem was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Have a peculiar problem with my Gloworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler, the main heat exchanger is getting red hot and fault coding on overheat even though the boiler and central heating is not on, i shut the boiler down for a while, clear the fault code and it will be fine again for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock