Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28cdi rsf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratrace

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello gents, got a diaphragm to change in the afore mentioned boiler tomorrow morning. Have been told by a number of people today that they are a right pain to work on/gain access to. Is this case? not worked on many of these boilers off the top of my head. Id imagine allot of your guys have worked on loads. Any pitfalls/pointers would be ace :)

they are a pain .you have to take out cross plate heat exchanger,to dismantle divertor,they are a bad design,remember to get o ring kit,plenty
of silcone grease,replace every o ring,also as you dismantle to gain access put everything in a neat order,our write down a sequence .i charge £180 to replace diaphram so make sure you,ve priced it right,have fun

No luck mate, this same job caused nearly had me holding a gun to my head because the system wouldn't refill after i fitted the valve(it was an open vented combo setup). Barring that they are a royal pain in the neck to change these dia's sometimes .

Good luck

Oh well, thought as much. Is that £180 labour + materials or £180 for the lot? I gave a price of £170 with a landlord safety check at the end, once i have it up and running again. If that is the going rate then i am a fair way out. I went on 3 hours labour worst case (wishful thinking after both your replies lol) plus a bit extra. £30 for the kit and £30 for the safety check. Ill take the pricing bit on board for future ref. Thanks for the info chaps. Ill let you know how i got on, tomorrow.

Ste

Just make sure u buy the seals kit to go with the dia, they tend to leak after uve done this job if u don't change them

Is the seals kit specific to the diaphragm for this diverter or is a generic one?

Ta bud :)

Hopefully plumbcentre will have some when i go to pick up the part in the morning.

Aye, my mistake that was what i meant. Right off to bed to hit this one fresh in the morning.

Happy to report everything went well. Took about 2.5 hrs which i was happy with. They didn't have the seals kit you mentioned Mbear so got stung royally (passed on to agency) for a worcester set. Wont be so daunted the next time. Thanks for your help.

God knows why its merging them two posts. One was last night the other a few hours ago.

I give up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28cdi rsf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock