Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 280 rsf Luke warm water in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Worcester 280 rsf. Heating works fine, hot water fires up but is only like warm. Now with heating demand I'm getting 240v at 3 port. With heating off and tap running it's only.luke warm. If I manually move motorized valve to left it gets upto temperature. Iam only getting about 4v on board with hot water demand the lever does move abit in hot water demand...Am I right in thinking it should be 240v and the board is nackered or could it be the valve itself?? Sorry lockdowns took its toll on my brain haha.

Is it a diverter valve eg always hot water ?

Yes mate, it's an old lifestyle 3 port valve. Same head as a Drayton. Only 3 wires tho. Live neutral earth. So you think it only needs 240v to move valve over to heating? It does move on hot water demand tho. Just doesn't seem to move enough to diverter more water. I'm thinking there's a switch on the board gone not sending 240. Greatful for your help

Yes mate, it's an old lifestyle 3 port valve. Same head as a Drayton. Only 3 wires tho. Live neutral earth. So you think it only needs 240v to move valve over to heating? It does move on hot water demand tho. Just doesn't seem to move enough to diverter more water. I'm thinking there's a switch on the board gone not sending 240. Greatful for your help

correct diverter valve so always hot water then moves when heating is called the rubber ball could be stuck / damaged do you get flow on the heating side when hot water is on ?

Didn't check but I'll say yes because the boiler wasn't cutting out and overheating. But I can move it manually by the lever to the left and it diverts water to hot water perfect so that would rule out the valve being stuck?
[automerge]1589877438[/automerge]
Actually it's a mid position. Just googled the part number. Although it just says diverter valve on the one in situe.

Last edited:
If it’s only 3 wire it’s a diverter but you need to be sure have a look at the wiring diagram

I would say diverter not mid / both

Cheers Shaun. Needed up just getting a pre owned diverter. It awkward to just take head off and check spindle on the existing as everything is in the way. So just changed out the whole valve and it's good to go. Old one was nackered.

Reply to Worcester 280 rsf Luke warm water in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
K
We have a dual heating system, a solid fuel stove with back boiler and a external kerosene heater. The kerosene heater is working fine heating the radiators and the water for the taps The solid fuel stove will heat the water for the taps but the radiators will only get luke warm. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock