Search the forum,

Discuss worcester 24i junior not greenstar wont fire up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bawsdogg

hi guys i went to a customers today to have a look at her boiler. when i arrived the boiler was not firing up no fan spin or anything. i removed the red pipe off the venture and made pressure to ap switch the boiler fired up. and run fine until i let the pressure out of the pipe. i have not worked on these boilers for a few years ..am i right in thinking that the fan should spin first on demand then activate ap switch then fire up? BTW the fan does not seem to spin full speed.
i was wondering if it could actually be low water pressure switch
any advice would be gratefull as this lady is a pensioner and does not have money to throw parts at it ......thanks guys

ps also she has no filling loop key what pressure will the low pressure water switch active it is currently just under the 1bar make giving it is acurate ?

sorry have a read of the banner on top of the page. Judging by your question, should you even be looking at a boiler for a customer?

Last edited by a moderator:
We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...ed-advice.html (notice gas safety related advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 24i junior not greenstar wont fire up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi all, My boiler is a Worcester 28i Junior and the fan switches itself on for no reason. The timer will be off and the hating may have been off for several hours but it does this intermittently throughout the day and night. We have noticed that our electricity bills are higher than normal and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the past year the hot water when turned on was intermittent. I repressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar and the hot water switch when turned on worked...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked the following: 240v at supply connections All internal push on connections are correctly fitted to the PCB board The transformer is giving the correct...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I hope you might be able to point me in the right direction with an issue I have with a 3 year old Greenstar 30i boiler, last serviced in Oct ‘22, with new pipe work all around the house at time of boiler install. We have separate circuits upstairs and down and a water cylinder. At...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock