Search the forum,

Discuss Wood pellet system - open or sealed system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,
Looking at the manual for a lanordica Exflame costanza pellet boiler, it is designed for a 'closed' system - presumably them mean sealed. I've seen manuals for other pellet boilers advising they can be installed on open or sealed systems,
I'm based in ROI but can anyone advise (for UK or roi) if space and water heat pellet boilers can be installed in a sealed system configuration and meet regulations?

Also, does anyone know which regulations cover this?

Thank you and regards,

A

For England it depends on what the MI’s say - you can certainly install Grant Spira wood pellet boilers in an unvented configuration.

Personally, I won’t fit heat sources that could become uncontrolled in an unvented configuration.

If you are combining it with other heat sources a vented store is, in my view a better option anyway

As others have suggested, it depends on Manufacturer's Instructions. However, logic dictates that a pellet stove is unlikely to be considered an uncontrolled heat source any more than a gas boiler would: it only burns an eggcupful of pellets at a time and would go out immediately in the event of a power cut.

You'd be looking at Part G of the Building Regulations and the "Approved Document G" will give you an idea of the kinds of measures BCOs would expect to see in order to comply with Part G.

Reply to Wood pellet system - open or sealed system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me identify which tap/connection it is to top up the system as the level has dropped quite a way below the red marker for the cold fill pressure on the gauge? Boiler was installed approx. 2014. I've looked in the manual & online but can't find anything. Many thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've read 1 valve radiator removal on this forum (123730) and other such threads. The reason I'm apprehensive to start is because unlike the Gas boilers I'm used to from the UK. Now I'm living in Denmark I'm dealing with a RTB10K (Ready to Burn). See attached pictures 1. Main Water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock