Search the forum,

Discuss Wood Boiler Pre Heat Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon Ruddy

I am looking to add a pre-heat tank to my existing setup which is a Daikin Altherma ASHP (EKHBH016A). I have attached a diagram and was looking for some advice to see if the proposed setup would work considering the heights and distances involved. 20160718_221838.jpg

The wood boiler is a snowdon 30 multifuel boiler (30kw)

The secondary storage tank is quite a distance away (22m) and situated in a basement 2 meters below the wood boiler.

Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

are you hetas registered? if not you cant do the work

NO, for lots of reasons! As well as Shaun's comments

Also based on your sketch, I am afraid that we won't be able to give advice because of the possible dangers. You need to employ a qualified professional that is appropriately certified in solid fuel (not exclusively HETAS, there are others :) ) as well as heat pumps.

Ther aren't actually many of those people about - what's your postcode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wood Boiler Pre Heat Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice on a proposed change to my central heating circuit. I am able to divert excess electricity from my recent solar PV installation to one (or two) hot water tanks and I would like to plumb in a small hot water tank in parallel with my central heating...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an Ideal boiler (Vogue Max System 18) and a hot water tank (Heatrae Sadia Megaflo). On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down...
Replies
Views
Trying to add a shower into a small bathroom, I'm looking at moving my hot water cylinder to the loft. Currently, I have a vented 200L cylinder (in the bathroom) with the principal source of heat being an Economy 7 setup, which gives adequate hot water for our needs. The cylinder also has an...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock