Search the forum,

Discuss Wood boiler ch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosswaitt

Living in france and my wood burning furnance for the central heating only , has just split the jacket !

it had been fitted in a closed curcuit without auto matic quench system ! Not by me !

Reason failed pump

Having great difficulty finding a 50 kW + wood boiler with quench system ? Does any one know of one suitable for a closed system

or do I change it all to a open system

thoughts please

Before making an informed comment, a site visit to your chateau is necessary.
10 days in June would be nice. Me, the wife and the wife's sister. Unless I can leave the wife at home.
Returning to your question, what feed do you have to the furnace other than throwing in 15 Kilo of logs every hour?

Hi,Rosswaitt,
With only me responding, I'll start, this time, by saying welcome to the forum.
The lack of response will be that most of us lack the expertise to comment on a system of that type and output. At lest one regular,based in Northern Ireland will be able to help, and if you expand on details of what you have and what you're heating, it should encourage an informed response.

Hi Rosswaitt, welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy it here. Lots of free advice!

When you say "wood burning furnace" so you mean log boiler? If so there are plenty that run on sealed systems such as ETA, Froling, Guntamatic etc. Some more information may help us further!

thank you

the re[placement boiler need to run on a closed system.
at the moment the old system ran at 1.5 bar
it is in a small chateau with 26 radiators on 3 floors hence the need for 50kw
whilst i would like to be able to afford a ventilated automatic boiler i cant afford it

looking serious at VIADrUS U26 the problem is it has 2" BSP inlet and outlet and all my pipework is 28mm ! can i reduce this safely ?

At the moment I don't have enough information to add much further. If it is a log gasification boiler as a rule of thumb you will need a buffer with 50L of storage for every KW of heat input. That is a mimimum 2500L buffer tank to start with. You then need back end protection for the boiler, a safety PRV set capable of high discharge should something go wrong, an expansion vessel sized to something around 3000L system volume etc. This is not a DIY job to be fair.

OP originally spoke of 50Kw+ wood boiler. Be aware U26 is max @46Kw for wood although high outputs can be achieved with coke. As above, this is not a DIY job.

I was looking at just a non gasification boiler!

I have found one with cooling coil

I was hoping out with the old in with the new but this time with the cooling coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wood boiler ch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock