Search the forum,

Discuss Wocester bosch 550cdi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi we currently have a Worcester Bosch 550 CDI. I was having issues with it and had a plumber come out to have a look the pump was struggling so that was replaced. The boiler keeps going into a flashing mode where there is a E looking without the top line I have attached a video. The central heating will not heat during this time.
Can I add that the combi is a water on demand but if taking a long shower the water starts to get colder and colder until stopped and restarting the water. Does anyone know what’s going on? Really appreciate your replies. Want to get plumber out but due to covid and being vulnerable can’t.

Attachments

• 63017872614__D492A87F-E862-4BCA-94F5-C96AB48BBB3C.MOV
    260.5 KB
The E without the top line becomes a lower case t, and it’s suggesting that the internal heat bank is active (hot water), so heating I presume will not fire up, I haven’t worked on any storage/high flow boilers.

storage/high flow boilers.
Hi firstly thanks for your reply, secondly you are correct as it is a lower case t and the manual states what u said about the heat bank. But does anyone know why this comes up every time I use the hot water and it won’t go away for 10-15min and during that time the heating won’t heat even though hot water is not being used. Also if someone takes a long shower the water starts getting colder and colder towards the end of the shower!

looking forward to your replies as this has a few plumbers confused who have already had a look at it. I have tried to get Worcester Bosch to come out but they won’t due to covid.

Reply to Wocester bosch 550cdi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. During a recent service to a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 36 cdi compact boiler within my property, a filter was removed by the plumber. (see photo). I was told it was easy enough to purchase a new one and reinstall myself. Despite a search I can't find a replica filter anywhere. Is...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi Looking at getting a Worcester Bosch 4000 24kw system boiler and a 210L Ideal tank. A friend showed us their system and they had two expansion vessels, one for the hot water tank and one for the central heating. Thought I'd have a look into the technical side before speaking with plumber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock