Discuss Wirquin shower wastes? in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
alright chaps. Just out of curiosity, I’ve seen a fair few of these traps lately and it got me thinking. How the hell do you clear hair or debris form them? There’s no removable cup or anything?

E7F466A8-1F62-4377-8E59-DC4B7B855D7F.png

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
in short you cant there "self cleaning" :D

B

Burger

Think they have removable screws or just pop off domed head.

OP
M

macka09

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
in short you cant there "self cleaning" :D
Oh ok. I certainly didn’t know that. Self cleaning? So if there was a build of hair or the like it’d have to be full strip down. Bloody hell

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Oh ok. I certainly didn’t know that. Self cleaning? So if there was a build of hair or the like it’d have to be full strip down. Bloody hell
yep or plunger mira flight trays come with them

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
I only use them if the waste run is short and straight, or if the tray is raised, or if customer is bald!
Otherwise I just buy a top access one and don’t use the “twisto” ; if there’s a problem in the future it will only be remembered that “ you fitted the waste” not that you warned them and they wanted to use what came with it.

Reaction score
I always use the mcalpine traps. Easy maintenance and never give me any trouble. I can’t recommend them enough. The spigot is at a good angle too

Reply to Wirquin shower wastes? in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Test

Top Bottom