Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring Programmable Thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys.

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30i boiler and when we moved in we had our old Thermostat removed and a Nest installed, I have now removed the Nest ready to put the old thermostat back on (Honeywell CM907) but don't know where the wires are meant to go.

I think I've done the boiler bit right.

And just a note that the Black and Grey wires that come from the boiler (L and LR) are connected by a terminal block and the Black Wire is changed to a Brown Wire and the Grey stays as Grey.

I've attached some pictures, and what went into my nest.

I hope this post makes sense and hope someone can help as I can't get my heating to turn off lol!

20200515_172550.jpg

20200515_180347.jpg

20200515_180720.jpg

Terminals on CM-907 - A & B.
You've lost the screw out of B so pinch the one from the C terminal.

The thermostat is powered by batteries.
This thermostat only switches the signal wire back to the boiler - 240v or 24v compatible.

Terminals on CM-907 - A & B.
You've lost the screw out of B so pinch the one from the C terminal.

The thermostat is powered by batteries.
This thermostat only switches the signal wire back to the boiler - 240v or 24v compatible.

Which colour goes in which?

Does the boiler bit look right?
[automerge]1589705617[/automerge]
Which colour goes in which?

Does the boiler bit look right?

I'm assuming the brown to A for Live and B must be the grey wire?

We also have a black wire coming through the wall that's pushed back out the way. And idea what that one would be for?

Last edited:
Have you messed with the wiring as your pictures don’t make sense ?

Have you messed with the wiring as your pictures don’t make sense ?

No its how it was wired up when we moved in, there is a fused socket to turn the boiler on and off and in the socket the L and LR wires are attached via terminal blocks, the grey one has a grey wire attached and the black has a brown which are what are fed to the thermostat in the picture you can see attached to the nest.

No its how it was wired up when we moved in, there is a fused socket to turn the boiler on and off and in the socket the L and LR wires are attached via terminal blocks, the grey one has a grey wire attached and the black has a brown which are what are fed to the thermostat in the picture you can see attached to the nest.

so the nest has never worked as it’s linked out hence the white wire

Yes want moving over one terminal In the yellow block

nest end

brown to a
Grey to c

leave the boiler end black and grey where they are in the pic

Yes want moving over one terminal In the yellow block

nest end

brown to a
Grey to c

leave the boiler end black and grey where they are in the pic

Thanks mate I'll give it a try when I'm home 🤞
[automerge]1589739950[/automerge]
Thanks mate I'll give it a try when I'm home 🤞

Cheers mate! Moved the white link over one on the yellow block and on the thermostat I tried A and C which didn't work.

Tried A and B as someone said above the connections for the honeywell are A and B and it is working! Finally have it working again.

Last edited:

Reply to Wiring Programmable Thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock