Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring for Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi and Honeywell twin channel zoning pack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LCD

Can anyone advise which connections to use on the new Vaillant ecotec plus 831 boiler, to activate the two port valves for 2 different heating zones?
the boiler has 230v and 24v connections. Also using Honeywell wireless programmer and 2 stats.
i have the s plan plus wiring guide however it's the connections on the new Vaillant I am unsure about.
i have mains supply to the boiler.
boiler looks great will be even better when it's working.:yes:

The valves are controlled independently by the clock and 'stats.
The boiler will be controlled by the motorised valves via a relay across the 24v terminals in the boiler :)

It's in the manual, can't remember which page.

Did you fit this yourself?

I take it then that the 230V external control connection isn't used at all?

I couldn't find any reference to controls other than Vaillant's own.
I fitted the boiler but first time I've zoned the heating. Why do you ask?

Why do I have to justify my credibility every time I use this forum? Yes I am gsr yes I am part p and who are you to ask? I find it intimidating, is this a private club?

Why do I have to justify my credibility every time I use this forum? Yes I am gsr yes I am part p and who are you to ask? I find it intimidating, is this a private club?

LOL. No we're just careful about giving information to Joe in case he blows himself up.

The reason I asked in the first place was because you sounded like Joe. Your average GSR/Part P engineer should be able to work this out IMHO.

Who is Croppie to ask? A forum trusted adviser.

No it is precisely because it is not a private club that most of us here have to balance giving free information to the general public against encouraging them to break the Law by providing the info that allows them to repair or install gas (& other) equipment ? It is a balancing act & difficult with no entrance exam !
Sorry if you feel intimidated but would you have it that we gave away all info to allow your customers to there own work ?
As you post more & people on here can see that you know your stuff they will become more forthcoming.

Exactly as the above, that's why I asked. If you feel intimidated I apologise.

If you pm One of the admins - Dan, Dave or Mr Doberman with your gsr details they'll add you to the arms and the registered installers section of the forums where we'll feel more comfortable to answer such questions.

If you're gsr then you'll have proved your competency, it's people who aren't gsr who we're trying to save from themselves.

Why do you need a relay? the auxiliary switches in the valves are volt free, so they can be wired directly to the 24V terminals on the boiler.

They can be volt free of course but that is not the usual way of wiring and the OP didn't seem confident in wiring the system so a relay is imo the safest option.

It has since been revealed that the OP is GSR & Part P, which makes the original question seem odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wiring for Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi and Honeywell twin channel zoning pack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock