Search the forum,

Discuss Wiring a salus t105rf to older Worcester ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. Any advice on fitting the above stat to an older Worcester green star HE? The boiler is existing so already has it’s live neutral earth but the old room stat has been disconnected due to the house being required. Any help would be great thanks.

Which greenstar? You ok with electrics and safe isolation? I’m not 100% with why the Salus states 5a fuse rating?
Usually 5 core cable, taking a live and neutral from the boiler or spur to feed receiver, remove the earth cable as not required, the other 2 cables will be live supply (ls) and live return (lr). Neutral will not be required for a wireless stat.

Which greenstar? You ok with electrics and safe isolation? I’m not 100% with why the Salus states 5a fuse rating?
Usually 5 core cable, taking a live and neutral from the boiler or spur to feed receiver, remove the earth cable as not required, the other 2 cables will be live supply (ls) and live return (lr). Neutral will not be required for a wireless stat.
It’s the older R25 green star HE COMBI. I’m fine doing it but the instructions with the Salus are terrible. Also I didn’t see anything about a 5a fuse?

Com eg live from boiler

No eg call

Wiring same as what I’ve quoted, however I’ve been onto Salus website for the following:

07FA0A14-9400-4A12-9CC9-DA6551FC5955.jpeg

Is it the Greenstar HE with the computer/digital timer on the front or just the normal model?

If it's the latter as others have said there should just be a LS and LR, then neutral. LS, common, LR NO receiver.

The 5A is the switching load of the relay, not the load required for the receiver.

Is it the Greenstar HE with the computer/digital timer on the front or just the normal model?

If it's the latter as others have said there should just be a LS and LR, then neutral. LS, common, LR NO receiver.

The 5A is the switching load of the relay, not the load required for the receiver.

It is just the normal model.
So I just need to run a seperate 3 core to the receiver. LS, LR and neutral?

It’s the receiver that I’m wiring up?

It says in the salus instructions it needs a 4 core going to the receiver? SL off. Live. SL on and a neutral

Unless I have the wrong information, then it shows a live, neutral, common and normally open, which on your boiler setup is: live and neutral from your boiler terminals inside on the pcb. Your other 2 wires go to Ls and Lr on boiler pcb and com and No at receiver.

Edit:

34FF0121-425D-47DA-9E3F-2629BCF9DD53.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless I have the wrong information, then it shows a live, neutral, common and normally open, which on your boiler setup is: live and neutral from your boiler terminals inside on the pcb. Your other 2 wires go to Ls and Lr on boiler pcb and com and No at receiver.

Edit:

View attachment 39017
That isn’t the info I have for it. I can’t seen to upload the picture.

Ls to live
Ns to neutral
Link live to com
Lr to no

Reply to Wiring a salus t105rf to older Worcester ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock