Search the forum,

Discuss wiring a Salus it500 to a worcester, Help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Worcester greenstar heatslave ii 25/32 external oil combi boiler and need to connect up to a salus HW/CH IT500 control

After speaking to salus this morning regards wiring up a salus HW/CH IT500 control, They have sent me the wiring instructions.

As anyone on the forum ever installed HW/CH IT500 control or something similar.
Youtube is lacking Videos on the Worcester but what i have read, The IT500 receiver needs to be in the house and a cable running between the house and the combi, I also need to know what core cable, on one of the videos that i have seen, they used 5 core cable, but unsure if they were connecting just C/H or H/W

Thank you for any help

The IT 500 replaces the programmer and the room stat ....... not sure about the "in the house" comment but it does need to be in range of the RF device that plugs into your router .....

Thank you for the replies, I have read that if the IT receiver is in the external Combi boiler, It makes it more difficult to get a WiFi Signal, What i am thinking about doing is running a 5 core cable from inside of the house to the combi and using external conduit for the 5 core and getting the heating engineer to wire up the it 500.

So basically i need 5 core cable that needs to run from the Boiler wiring centre to the IT receiver and connect up either side. The heating Engineer was telling me that i could not have a IT500 because it needed hard wired in, So if i can run the cable from A to B, then he has no excuse for not fitting what i originally asked for. (I had asked for the it500 to run HW/CH but they installed the 500BM which is only CH, So after a week of trying to control the HW, I finally found out that the wrong part was fitted)

The thing is, I have paid for the one that was installed and he tried telling me that its what i asked for, Luckily i sent a link to his email address confirming the it500 before i gave him the job, I do believe it was the builders merchant who sent the wrong unit out since we had issues with the first unit that we could not registrar due to it been a shop return, So the builders merchant had to drop of a new unit which ended up been the BM model, Since i am just the customer, I didn't know any different

Just to update you Murdoch, Just been in touch with the heating engineer and he is saying that if i get the 5 core and run it in, then he is happy to exchange and fit

Just to update you Murdoch, Just been in touch with the heating engineer and he is saying that if i get the 5 core and run it in, then he is happy to exchange and fit

Why are you expected to do anything ......... he quoted to do the job and surely its in the costs you have agreed?

Its a long Story Murdoch, But to make the deal cheap enough, I had to do the prepping and have the house ready for the installation and fitting of the pipes and to be honest, I got a great deal compared to other local companies who were charging 30% more in total and with all the holes sealed and a new bath panel fitted, It would mean a lot more work to hard wire in.
(I think he was allowing £120 for the fitting of the Salus)

I have opted to go for the nest 3rd generation and pay the extra.

Reply to wiring a Salus it500 to a worcester, Help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock