• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Wireless thermostat programming in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

H

Helenj

I’m trying to use a programmable wireless thermostat to programme my mothers heating. She has a fixed programmer for the hot water but what setting does this need to be on for the heating? Off?
I’m guessing if you have a programmable wireless thermostat and a fixed programmer you should use only one or the other to programme the heating?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
20-21dc for on 5dc for off

Chuck

Esteemed
Depends on the details, which you haven't provided, of the heating system.

A common arrangement is for the domestic hot water programmer to be independent from the radiators and time-based. Most people will set it automatically heat the cylinder for a few hours at night, say 0500hrs to 0700hrs.

The wireless programmable thermostat will control the radiators. It needs to be in an appropriate position and influenced by a radiator that does not have a TRV fitted.

For a more specific answer, you'll need to provide details (photos or model numbers) of the system.

Reply to Wireless thermostat programming in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net