Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless thermostat programming in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

H

Helenj

I’m trying to use a programmable wireless thermostat to programme my mothers heating. She has a fixed programmer for the hot water but what setting does this need to be on for the heating? Off?
I’m guessing if you have a programmable wireless thermostat and a fixed programmer you should use only one or the other to programme the heating?

20-21dc for on 5dc for off

Depends on the details, which you haven't provided, of the heating system.

A common arrangement is for the domestic hot water programmer to be independent from the radiators and time-based. Most people will set it automatically heat the cylinder for a few hours at night, say 0500hrs to 0700hrs.

The wireless programmable thermostat will control the radiators. It needs to be in an appropriate position and influenced by a radiator that does not have a TRV fitted.

For a more specific answer, you'll need to provide details (photos or model numbers) of the system.

Reply to Wireless thermostat programming in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed fixed it) The wall mounted programmer screen flash's no signal, like it's searching for the wireless thermostat, I cannot turn the heating on at all...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock