Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless Honeywell T3R with Glowworm Ultimate in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I’m not a plumber but looking to change my parents Dial Thermostat & potterton programmer to a Honeywell wireless type .
They currently have a Glowworm ultimate boiler and the programmer does the heating & hot water (cylinder) separately once / twice a day or off .
I do have a wireless Honeywell T3 (honeywell home) programmer/receiver but I’m thinking it won’t be compatible as I think It only does the heating and not the hot water ?
I use the T4 and it so much better than my old dial thermostat that I’d like my elderly parents to be able
Control their heating more accurately with easier access than their hallway wall mounted one .
Any advice would be a great help , I’ll be using a local boiler engineer / plumber to fit so just wanted to find out about these first .
Thanks , scott .

D2C1748C-7E4B-418B-AEEB-9E7354F8F637.jpeg911AC05B-512E-4847-8C66-EFCE0A87C116.jpeg49C3A0F1-3708-412A-B373-637EFEB7B7C6.jpeg

You would have to leave the original timer there and just replace the room thermostat due to the system being two Chanel

You would have to leave the original timer there and just replace the room thermostat due to the system being two Chanel
Ok thanks Shaun , so then this T3r receiver will replace the existing thermostat and can then be controlled by the new digital one -7 day programming & temp ? If so what happens with the CH timer settings on the old one ? Do they get bypassed ?
thanks scott .

The receiver can go up in the airing cupboard with the cylinder and wiring centre

and yes either modify the existing wiring in the wiring centre or just move the ch on wire in the prog to the live terminal so it’s live all the time

Tbh, i'd return the Honeywell and replace it with a Hive.

Fit a lot of Honeywell stuff and really like it but the new stuff and old people just don't mix well.... the Hive is simple to use, it walks you through all the settings, it has two nice boost buttons for HW and Heat, you can put it in stand alone mode (So don't need to use the internet connected stuff). For £130ish they're a bargain in my opinion.

Reply to Wireless Honeywell T3R with Glowworm Ultimate in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock