Search the forum,

Discuss Wire up a external oil system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, my sparky has let me down.

I need to wire up a external grants system boiler.
I've got in place 4 core inside the boiler.
In the house there's is a existing programmer with a fused spur for a pump which now isn't in use anymore and a fused spur for the old boiler. There was a utility boiler with a external pump on the system which isn't required anymore.

I know we need a live permanent for the frost stat and switch live.

Any ideas how I can wire it up with your help?

Please don’t take this as a negative comment.

Wait for the electrician to be available or source a new electrician.

It is very easy to “blow” the pcb on a Grant boiler - that equates (in cost terms) to about 4 days for an electrician in Oxfordshire.

Be patient and get the right skills around you.

Apologies if this is not what you want to hear, but in my experience of Grant boilers, the pcb fries before the fuse blows!!

Perm live
Perm neutral
Perm earth

Then your switch live

No need for a pump live as I believe it’s internal to the boiler

As for frost pipe stat? Frost stat or both ?

Normally just wire them perm live and out going to pump / switch depending on what you want

It is very easy to “blow” the pcb on a Grant boiler - that equates (in cost terms) to about 4 days for an electrician in Oxfordshire.

Are you saying the cost of a pcb is the same as 4 days for an electrician. I'd love to get an electrician for less than £25 a day if that's the case. :D

Reply to Wire up a external oil system boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock