Search the forum,

Discuss Window seal and gaps need filling too cold in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

My house seems to be freezing and my double pvc glazing windows were installed over 20 years ago. The window seals have seen better days and there's gaps in between the window frames and window.

Not really done anything like this before as I am not a plumber or carpenter.

Does anyone which seal is best to use around the windows internally? Also shall I rake the old seal off?

Is it an easy job? Thanks.

Not really plumbing, but here's some good advice from UniBond, whose products I've always found to be pretty good.

If you want a good finish it's worth having a practice first as there's a knack to getting the bead nice and even.

If the gaps are more than a few millimetres you might want to use some sealing strip first and then finish off with some gunned silicone.

I’m guessing these windows / where the seals are don’t open ?

No all the window's open??

Have you checked these seals normally a £10 or £5 note does the trick eg open the window and install the note between and shut the window does the note easily pull out ? If yes the windows need adjusting

Is there a window fitters forum with a window fitters tools section? 😆
Just a thought 😀

Reply to Window seal and gaps need filling too cold in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock