Search the forum,

Discuss Wilo Yonos Pico pump - gurgling sound in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

My pump makes an odd sound... see attached file. Is this normal? Tried venting/bleeding it but no difference. Same sound whether the hot water or CH is on. Changing the pump speed doesn't help.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• pump_sound.mp4
    75.2 KB
If you have a open vented system ensure header tank "full", if a closed system with expansion vessel ensure system pressure at 0.75 to 1.0 bar which I'm sure you have.
Can you try and vent the pump with the discharge valve closed and then try and vent it through the 1.5 ins connection to the pump body discharge, that should ensure that you have a flooded pump then suggest constant pressure mode at 3m setting. With a closed discharge and pump properly flooded/vented the power should be ~ 12W and should increase on opening the discharge valve.

If you have a open vented system ensure header tank "full", if a closed system with expansion vessel ensure system pressure at 0.75 to 1.0 bar which I'm sure you have.
Can you try and vent the pump with the discharge valve closed and then try and vent it through the 1.5 ins connection to the pump body discharge, that should ensure that you have a flooded pump then suggest constant pressure mode at 3m setting. With a closed discharge and pump properly flooded/vented the power should be ~ 12W and should increase on opening the discharge valve.

Thanks for all your input, will give it a go.

Reply to Wilo Yonos Pico pump - gurgling sound in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock