Search the forum,

Discuss Will this replacement shower pump be suitable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lampy

Hi, our shower pump is acting up. Is very noisy when operating and often gets stuck on. The pump sits under our bath tub with the water tank in the loft. It is a salamander RSP50, i have found a really really good deal on a salamander RHP50, will this one be fine to replace my existing one? Don't really understand the difference between them.
Tried to add url links but it wouldn't let me. Thanks

hi lampy welcome to the forums. the rhp is a whole house pump whereas the rsp is for the shower only, they are rated for different useage.

Ideally the pump should be located near to the cylinder

as above really should be in the airing cupboard not under the bath.

Ok thanks. Actually the pump seems to be feeding the whole house as the taps in the bathroom and downstairs kitchen activate it aswell as the shower. Maybe the rhp would be better anyway?

hi lampy welcome to the forums. the rhp is a whole house pump whereas the rsp is for the shower only, they are rated for different useage.

Yep. But it won't hurt it if you use a whole house pump on a single shower. Doing it the other way round (pumping a whole house with a twin impeller designed for a single shower) will cause a problem though.

Make it accessible too, nothing worse than a pump jammed in somewhere covered be fibreglass. ..

Got to move this pump to bottom of cylinder or you will always have problems, I would fit a normal shower pump not a whole house one too. However if I was you I would get someone in to do the job and not do it yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this replacement shower pump be suitable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has replaced with a new pump and is charging me for the new pump and says I need to deal with warranty after the event. I have no receipt as I did not...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Hi, After years of using a pumped electric shower (Triton t80 pumped), it's now dying and I'd like to replace it with a 'normal' mixer shower running off the vented hot water tank as this is now largely heated by solar PV . When we first moved to the house there was a shower head coming off the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock