Search the forum,

Discuss Will these isolation valves be ok like this for a few weeks? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve removed the sink from downstairs cloakroom as we are getting new flooring and a new vanity unit and sink installed over the next few weeks. I’m now thinking maybe these isolation valves may not be ok left like this?? If they were going to leak it fail in some way surely they would have by now??
F85BE99D-1D7E-4122-8149-AEC3E0F6A796.jpeg

I would use compression cap ends and use the existing nut and olives on the top

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compression-stop-ends-15mm-2-pack/65021

Will fit on the existing nuts

Reply to Will these isolation valves be ok like this for a few weeks? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing for using them but I have heard elsewhere that they cause problems and are prone to leaking, especially when used after long periods. I noticed a...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock