Search the forum,

Discuss will the soil pipe connection rotate? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am moving the position of a WC which connects to the roof vent pipe and discharge pipe.

To do so I would like to rotate the soil pipe about 40 degree anti clockwise.
My question is: will the multi purpose boss connector the soil connects to rotate if I re position it?

Thank you once again.

Any pictures of the existing fittings ?

Not tonight but I would describe it this way, the soil pipe enters this collar through what is an
intended connection which also has blanks for basin wastes etc. The main vent goes upwards
and the discharge downwards where the soil pipe fits into this collar is situated. Black plastic.

You are describing a branch fitting so it's quite possible it will move providing it's a push fit type and not solvent weld ? Spray the collar with plumbers silicone spray and leave to soak for a while before hand đź‘Ť

Reply to will the soil pipe connection rotate? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed because of an extension below. The new pan connector keeps dripping on a full flush any ideas on a solution other than silocone which the old one had...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock