Search the forum,

Discuss Will the shower room need an extractor fan? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Piperdave22

Gas Engineer
hi , Ive only ever fitted bathrooms and put in what somebody else has already sorted out basically, I'm looking to further my knowledge now and eventually go out on my own and ventilation is something i haven't really got involved in tbh.
i have a small shower room that I'm looking at its 1.5m width x 1.5m length x 2.5m tall it currently has an openable window and a vent as shown below which measures to the outside of the chrome 240mm x 165mm

IMG_8673.JPG

just wondering will this need an extractor van in the room ?? the room will have vanity units etc so wooden furniture and obviously don't want there to be damp etc in a small room where they shower. advice would be greatly appreciated !

Attachments

• IMG_8673.JPG
    IMG_8673.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
Yes it would be advisable to fit a extract fan keep the air vent the additional ventilation will further aid the air changes in the bathroom and keep mould and dampness at bay . Kop

To fit replacement bathrooms & shower rooms and not fit extractor fans isn’t a great idea imho.

Fitting new bathrooms and shower rooms falls under part F of the building regs ....

Installing electrics falls under BS 7671 and part p of the building regs ...

Hope this helps

With extractor fans, you also need to replenish the air that is removed by the fan or else you won't get any air movement / changes.

Generally leave a 10mm gap under the door

Reply to Will the shower room need an extractor fan? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock