Search the forum,

Discuss Will the faucet leak? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all.

Novice question, please be gentle.

It I attach an irrigation timer to my generic single-lever mixer faucet in the kitchen, leaving the lever on (up), and having the water flow regulated by the valve in the timer, is there any chance that my mixer faucet will spring a leak at the mixing mechanism (cartridge?)?

Thanks

It might do at the spout

Both :)

I've also seen the timer units leak
We install them properly plumbed in with shut off valve double check non return valve and try to put them where if they do leak don't make mess.

I would go for plumbed in.
Know more about these units than I should one of my sisters is a garden designer sometimes get involved in her projects!

I would go for plumbed in.
Know more about these units than I should one of my sisters is a garden designer sometimes get involved in her projects!
It's a temporary fix/hack to keep some potted plants alive whilst I'm away for a month. No outdoor tap, only solution is kitchen faucet hose adaptor (internal thread) and then the timer. Though I know less than the average squirrel so any help appreciated.

Absolutely! Decent pic of connection then we can adv
IMG_20210615_165728289.jpg
seems to be connected to both?

You have a spare cold water connection blue lever on valve. The thread on that is 3/4 bsp most of the timer units I've seen are same thread.
You're a true gent for this, thanks.

The spare blue connection ends rather inconveniently flush with the red tap, and there's not much give in the pipe.

Also, is there not a standard on/off tap setting across all taps. These seem all open, or closed??

Could I unscrew the washing machine from the join further back (left) and connect to that?

Reply to Will the faucet leak? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock