Search the forum,

Discuss Will sch 40 PVC crack underground? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in a cold climate area, Upstate NY, and need to run a 1" underground water line from my main home to my new built in-law apartment. Seeing the weather is very cold now it's hard working with rolled black ploy pipe, can I bury 1" pvc pipe, some people say it will crack overtime. The pvc pipe will be running through 4" corrugated piping for extra protection from any sharp stones or rocks once I back fill my trench. The 4" corrugated pipe will also be covered with 2" xps foam board for extra insulation protection in case of a super heavy ground frost. Will I be safe to bury pvc for a water line?

upstate new york can get very cold bad winters how deep is the frost level for you. you may be better buying ready insulated pipe that is made for this purpose isse that in jan feb you get an average of -9 degrees c if that is prolonged then it would more than likeley freeze

upstate new york can get very cold bad winters how deep is the frost level for you. you may be better buying ready insulated pipe that is made for this purpose isse that in jan feb you get an average of -9 degrees c if that is prolonged then it would more than likeley freeze
Put one of those trace heating lines in like they sell for condensate pipes in uk. It all depends if you like your in laws I suppose....never liked any of mine bar one male
centralheatking

Fill the black polly with hot water first before handing it makes a big difference

Uponer is the way to do it properly . Regards kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-180335_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191203-180335_Chrome.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191203-180407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191203-180407_Chrome.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Will sch 40 PVC crack underground? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock