Search the forum,

Discuss Will a new Combi boiler improve shower flow?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

your understanding of unvented cylinders is wrong mate but all the same the OP should get one

your understanding of unvented cylinders is weong mate but all the same the OP should get one

I am suggesting that if you have choice, it is better to have the boiler water in the tank, and the fresh in the coil, rather than the other way around.

I can’t see why a correctly installed and set up unvented cylinder poses a legionella risk

Thermal store?
Will use a lot more gas than a standard unvented cylinder unless you have another heat source that’s cheap/free

It will if the temperature is too low. I run mine at 60C. Maybe in copper that would be OK.

Thermal store?
Will use a lot more gas than a standard unvented cylinder unless you have another heat source that’s cheap/free

If you are going to keep 300l of hot water on standby I don't think it matters which side of the coil it is on.

So that’s the point it’s a thermal store not an unvented

What temp at the tap at say 15lmp would a 60 heat store give?

Assuming the boiler can keep up with the heat load, it depends on the size of the coil. Ours is 4.5 square meters.

So that’s the point it’s a thermal store not an unvented

I guess all hot water cylinders store thermal energy. The difference here is that the fresh water is in the coil, rather than the tank.

Yes but a big difference in terms of sizing and installing

Yes but a big difference in terms of sizing and installing

We run a 300l system with a 22kw boiler. Same size as OP was quoted. We run ours at 60C, and it works fine.

And I still debate the legionella claim

If you have a tank full of hot water at 60C there is some risk. Probably about the same as these daft cold water tanks in the attic, that necessitate separate hot and cold taps.

We run a 300l system with a 22kw boiler. Same size as OP was quoted. We run ours at 60C, and it works fine.

Here is a pic:

Hygenic Cylinder.jpg

Reply to Will a new Combi boiler improve shower flow?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock