Search the forum,

Discuss Wifi/Smart Water Meter in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A property which I rent out (HMO) has a standard water meter installed which is fine, but the utility company do not provide 'smart meters', so I am left to make my own arrangements.

I wish to be able to monitor use/readings more frequently online or via an app. This could provide indications about leaks for example. Regrettably tenants may not be observant of leaks and prove unrelaiable in this regard.

Please can I ask if there are any such products on the market, a secondary meter with wifi/app capability. I can only really find products available in america and would preferably not like to pay several hundred pounds.

Reply to Wifi/Smart Water Meter in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've recently submitted a meter reading to Thames Water and received a bill of 223 pounds! For the period between 25 May 2022 – 10 October 2022, saying my daily usage is of 1.61 pounds. I find this very hard to believe as we are a house of two people and are quite conscious of water...
Replies
Views
Hi Is it normal to have very black UFH flow meters on a relatively new manifold (see image)? (Note the two clear flow meters on the LHS are for circuits which are not yet operational, so no water flow through them as yet.) Background is that I have an unvented system boiler CH system...
Replies
Views
B
hello - I am curious if there is a plumbing standard or electrical standard that applies. Situation is unit block, old 50's apartment - 10+ electrical meters in wire cage together. Someone has put forward a bylaw change that will allow them to run kitchen piping in body corporate areas that will...
Replies
Views
Beccaa
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock