Search the forum,

Discuss Wifi Controller with Unvented Cylinder system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kalpsn2000

Hi guys and gals

My wife and I have recently bought a new house and we will be changing the heating system.

Currently an open system with hot and cold tanks.

We are planning to go for an unvented cylinder system while moving the boiler location.

The main thing I wanted to ask about is the controller. We want a wifi controller, such as Hive 2, but the boiler engineer we are planning to use says it won't be possible. He mentioned something about having 2 zones (upstairs & downstairs). Could that be a reason why?

The expected equipment:
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 630
250L Megaflo cylinder

We are meeting him again tomorrow to discus some details.

Any advise regarding the wifi controller compatibility with our unvented system would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kalpesh

might be slightly more but have a look at honeywell evohome

but still can be done

Honeywell Evohome

Last edited:
Honeywell Evohome is excellent but very expensive
The Salus IT 500 has 2 zones plus an optional 3rd I believe. alternatively I believe that vaillant now have their own version the vsmart that literally just plugs straight into the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wifi Controller with Unvented Cylinder system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Morning, I have a job later this week with the above , Viessmann Vitodens System boiler. It has a 4 pipe setup with internal diverter and at present there is a wireless thermostat/programmer controller in the hallway. Customer wants a Honeywell Evohome System and I just wondered if I can wire...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock