Search the forum,

Discuss Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Help needed please. Can anyone enlighten me how to access the cartridge/valve on Wickes Kumai monobloc kitchen sink mixer taps. I have looked everywhere on the taps for an allen type screw to enable me to remove the cartridge/valve cover. The last mixer tap I had there was a allen type screw on the actual cover to the rear. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

Are you sure there isn't a grub screw with a hex key head on it? They can be quite hard to see if a bit inaccessible. Maybe try a few allen keys in there carefully (as in avoid head stripping if slightly to small a size selected) and see if anything bites.

Just a guess but, Have you tried unscrewing the peg that forms part of the handle.

It's the same tap as BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822 apparently, instructions at bottom of linked page;

https://benchmarx-kitchens.scene7.c...bloc-Sink-Mixer-Chrome~GPID_1010013568_TECH_0

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out? Wickes can be particularly crap at putting instructions online for their own brand stuff.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

look at snows link pg 2 item no 3 defo a grub screw

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out?

First line I posted was a guess.

Then I Googled and found a reference on Ebay, then Googled the Benchmarknumber;

MODERN MONOBLOC KITCHEN SINK MIXER TAP CHROME 360 DEGREE SWIVEL SPOUT DUAL LEVER | eBay

WICKES / Kumai 173898
BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822
TP / iflo kisdon 177007

If someone Googles Wickes Kumai in the future, after the Search engine Bots have crawled around, they'll probably end up on this post.

Last edited:

Reply to Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
W
I have an Moretti Aria monobloc kitchen tap with solid tap heads and no grub screws on the tap body. How do I gain access to change the cartridges please?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock