Search the forum,

Discuss why would water still be coming from boiler sensing pipe? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hi, i'm trying to replace diverter valve membranes on a baxi 105he. i have isolated cold water and run/left on downstairs hot water tap until empty and drained the boiler. the problem is when disconnecting the sensing pipe from the dhw diverter. water just keeps coming from the sensing pipe. can anyone tell me why this is and what to do about it. thanks.

from expansion vessel? shut flow/return, shut cold, open taps , lose pump have cloth ready.
take it from there,

Valves on the boiler may not be holding back the system water ?? If the expansion vessel has failed it could be full of water press in the Schrader valve to see if there is air in there ?? If water comes out chances are it's shot

You need to drain the heating system / the boiler heating side

thanks guys, sorted. expansion vessel seems sounds right. it did stop eventually. waiting for ch diaphragm to do that now. the valve cover seems to be welded together by limescale(?) so guess it'll just be a case of pull it off with pliers or something.

Reply to why would water still be coming from boiler sensing pipe? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct. We had a Megaflo and boiler professionally installed as part of a renovation a couple of years ago. I will add all of the pipework was done by this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock