Search the forum,

Discuss Why we don't and wont use tapatalk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapatalk is something ive never used b4, :D

We also collect non-personally identifiable information ("Non-PII") about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address and an anonymous device identifier, some of which may be considered "personal data" in some jurisdictions in the European Union and elsewhere, but none of this data identifies you individually. On the Website, Tapatalk may automatically gather Non-PII that browsers automatically make available, including IP addresses, domain servers, type of computer accessing the Website, and type of web browser accessing the Website. In addition, the Application collects certain Non-PII automatically, such as demographic and profile data, device ad identification, content viewed, and information that allows us to periodically determine your location, and mobile device and usage information, which may include (i) information about the way you use the Application, (ii) information specific to your mobile device (such as make, model, operating system, Internet browser, device IP address, anonymous device and/or advertising identifier and similar information), (iii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device, and (iv) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data. We may collect the foregoing information even if you are not logged in to the Application. For iOS users, you should be able to adjust the settings on your iOS device to prevent collection of location information by disabling the location services feature on your device. For Android users, you should be able to adjust your settings on your Android device to prevent collection of location information by disabling Bluetooth and location service features on your device.

If you use Facebook Login or Google + to log into the Application, we collect and store certain additional information such as your birth date, likes, friends, etc. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share (or not share) certain PII and other information with us such as your name and email address to create a Tapatalk ID. Services like Facebook Login give you the option to post information about your Tapatalk activities to your Facebook profile page to share with others within your Facebook network.

If you choose to invite your friends to use the Service, your friend will receive an email request from the Service. You agree only to invite friends who you think would be interested in using the Service. Your friend may use the unsubscribe link in the footer of the invite to be removed from receiving future invites.

USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION

Tapatalk does not sell or rent any PII you provide to us. Except as set forth in this Privacy Policy, we only use the information you provide us for the purpose such information was provided. In addition, we may share your PII with our service providers to facilitate some aspects of the Service, such as to facilitate the sending of e-mails. These service providers may use your PII solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf.

When you choose to follow a Site, we will send your name, username, and email to the applicable Site so that you become a member of that Site, and you agree to comply with the rules, regulations, end-user license agreement, and terms of service of each such Site. Your information may also be used by us to contact you when necessary in connection with the Service, which may include sending you periodic updates on trending discussions from the Sites you follow, if you receive a "like" for one of your posts to a Site, and/or if you were quoted in a post on a Site. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings from us by following the instructions set forth in the Email Opt-Out section below.

The information we receive from your use of Facebook Login or Google + will be used to log you into the Application as described above. If you provide us information about your friends that you want to invite to use the Service, we will automatically send your friends an email inviting them to use the Service. Tapatalk stores this information to make sure your friends do not receive too many invites to join the Service from other Site users, and to enable your friends to unsubscribe from future emails.

Non-PII we receive from you and/or through your use of the Service will be used to tailor your experience with the Application, including showing you content we think you might be interested in, recommendations of Sites to follow, advertising, measuring advertising performance, and related research. Such Non-PII may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with other Non-PII such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android IDs), and also may be shared with advertisers and other third parties, including business partners such as advertising businesses who are obligated to comply with applicable laws concerning usage of the information, as well as our corporate affiliates, in connection with the Service (such third parties and affiliates collectively, "Affiliates"). This information may also be used to deliver you information and/or promotional materials about our company and/or our Affiliates, including about products and services that may be of interest to you such as when you enter participating local venues of our Affiliates, to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent, as well as by us for trend analysis, pattern detection, and site administration. In addition, our Affiliates may share this information with their own third-party business partners who may use the information either for themselves or on behalf of the applicable Affiliate, each only for the purposes set forth above.

In addition, there may be other instances when Tapatalk may access or disclose PII or Non-PII, including under the following circumstances: (i) to protect or defend the legal rights or property of Tapatalk and/or our Affiliates; (ii) to protect the safety and security of users of the Service or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) to comply with applicable law, rules, regulations, or legal process. Further, if Tapatalk sells all or part of our business or sells or transfers all or a material part of our assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, we may transfer your PII or Non-PII to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.

The other thing we found was, they were emailing our members with offers and things. When we didn't sign up to that, when tapatalk first started, they didn't do that. They changed their terms and then started to spam our own members. Who we gained them as customers. That's not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why we don't and wont use tapatalk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
C
Hello there. I wonder whether anyone could suggest what may be the issue with the hot water in my bathroom. I have asked four different plumbers who have come to the house to do work and none of them had a clue. Basically, when I turn on the hot tap on the bath, black bits come out in the...
Replies
Views
CharlieMcT
C
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock