Search the forum,

Discuss Why the flame sign is always on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Ayman B

Hi,

I installed Sime Brava One 30 BF on my 150 Sqare meters home. I also installed an external water pump at the hot water outlet to help the internal pump to push the water 4 floors up (I installed it instead of an old diesel boiler, so I had to use the old infrastructure).

I set the heating temperature to 45 degrees celious. And in just 2 weeks, it burnt almost 140 m^3 of gas. I checked it dozens of times in the past two weeks, and the flame sign was always on and the temperature was stable on 45. It seems like it is burning gas contantly, and not heating up the water to the desired temp, wait until the temp drops a bit, then heat it again, which is the behavior I see on my friends boilers.

What could be wrong? Could the external pump be the cause for this behavior?

True enough but whoever installed it still wants a slap for no controls!
Indeed he needs a slap, but that's how it works in Israel. You buy some plumbing tools, and congrats, you are a professional plumber.
Since I installed the boiler, I've been looking for a thermostat, and I couldn't find the 'Sime Home Plus' thermostat anywhere.
The boiler is burning about 22 cubic meters of gas every day, and I have to set the temperature every couple of days (either it is too cold or too hot).
Anyway, could someone help me find a thermostat somewhere that ships to Israel? Or alternately, can I use a thermostat from another manufacturer (if yes, a recommendation for such a thermostat would help a lot).

Reply to Why the flame sign is always on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock