Search the forum,

Discuss Why no access to bath taps / low bath tap temp in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, recently moved into new house, (the house is four years old), the bath has very low hot water temperature, I'm assuming its an anti scald device?
The hot water in the rest of the house is fine, eg kitchen sink, utility sink, bathroom wash hand basins, etc, they all get nice and hot, its just the bath.
The bath has a bog standard mixer tap (Roca).

Now in the developers wisdom, there is no access what so ever to get under the bath to the trap, waste or hot and cold supplies.
The bath is fully tiled, and the bath panel is fully tiled also, with no access panel. So to get under the bath will require damaging the tiles/panel, how is that a good idea? I can't understand why they do not leave any suitable access for problems later on?

If I do find a way to get under the bath, can I remove the anti scald device or can they be switched off or adjusted to give a hotter bath temperature?
The bath water gets warm, but not hot, I'd say its about 45 - 50 degrees? My wife is constantly moaning about it, we are both mid 50s, I know anti scald is to protect the elderly, small children, etc, but we are perfectly capable of adjusting our own bath water temp (given the chance).
Cheers

Property of that age your probably correct in your assumption its got a blender valve under bath.
Chances are it's in area rear bath taps to get full hot temperature to tap you will have to link hot strait to bath tap and cap cold to blender.
Almost certainly be all in plastic push fit.
As for access multitool strait through grout and backing board take out 1 or 2 tiles as needed.
50 odd years of dealing with builder's has left me with a very low opinion of them!

Take a stanley knife or any sharp knife to see if there is any silicone (even though it may look like grout).
If you need to cut your own panel then now is a good time to cut a decent sizes access point in one go, maybe around a third of the panel length rather than one tile at a time.

Wouldnt be an acess panel in the next room by any chance.
Nope, the next room is a study / small bedroom and at the end of the bath (tap end) is a shower enclosure(also tiled) there is no access. Will have to cut one at some point.

Reply to Why no access to bath taps / low bath tap temp in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock