Search the forum,

Discuss Why is my Worcester Bosch 24i making this noise? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Scott Hanks

Hello All. I have a Worcester Bosch 24i RSF (NG) that until recently has been working ok (not superb, but does it’s job). What is happening is there is a noise that I can only describe (through my years of working on cars) as, as if it is boiling and knocking maybe “kettling”. This is accompanied with the needle on the gauge bouncing. I have not yet let it go above 2 bar, but I feel it would if I did not turn it off. I have been trying to research it a little and a few things that I think it could be to do with is. 1) The heat exchanger is a bit block and so the amount of water going through it is not enough for the heat from the burners and so starts to boil (this seems possible as when I run the hot water to, the noise stops for a while, like as if it has cooled the exchanger down a bit and stops boiling). 2) Can the PCB be faulty and is not telling the gas valve to lower the flow to make the flame less fierce. 3) Can the expansion vessel cause this?. Thankyou in advance for ant info.

If the needle is bouncing pump

Reply to Why is my Worcester Bosch 24i making this noise? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock