Search the forum,

Discuss Why is my hot water cutting out on waterfall tap mixer shower? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey. Thanks in advance for any help. We have a set of waterfall mixer taps on our bath with a shower connection. Occasionally the boiler would cut out when we were showering. Now, of we have just hot water on, the shower is fine. If we add the slightest amount of cold water, the boiler cuts off and the shower runs cold. After this started happening, the taps themselves have started to drip when on tap mode, or the shower head drips when in shower mode, but with both taps turned off. Every other mixer tap in the house is fine. The taps work fine when mixing hot and cold to run a bath. Ive had a plumber look at the boiler and he said the boiler is fine. This was pre dripping. I think it has something to do with the high water pressure on the shower. Any ideas on what i can do? Thanks. James.

Fit a non- return valve in the hot feed to the mixer tap.
This should help with the shower.
The dripping is caused by valves not shutting properly, remove /clean /replace the ceramic discs- buy new ones if necessary.
If the waterfall tap is a cheap carp one - just throw it away, you are wasting your time trying to fix it

Reply to Why is my hot water cutting out on waterfall tap mixer shower? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock