Search the forum,

Discuss Why is my hot water cutting out on waterfall tap mixer shower? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey. Thanks in advance for any help. We have a set of waterfall mixer taps on our bath with a shower connection. Occasionally the boiler would cut out when we were showering. Now, of we have just hot water on, the shower is fine. If we add the slightest amount of cold water, the boiler cuts off and the shower runs cold. After this started happening, the taps themselves have started to drip when on tap mode, or the shower head drips when in shower mode, but with both taps turned off. Every other mixer tap in the house is fine. The taps work fine when mixing hot and cold to run a bath. Ive had a plumber look at the boiler and he said the boiler is fine. This was pre dripping. I think it has something to do with the high water pressure on the shower. Any ideas on what i can do? Thanks. James.

Fit a non- return valve in the hot feed to the mixer tap.
This should help with the shower.
The dripping is caused by valves not shutting properly, remove /clean /replace the ceramic discs- buy new ones if necessary.
If the waterfall tap is a cheap carp one - just throw it away, you are wasting your time trying to fix it

Reply to Why is my hot water cutting out on waterfall tap mixer shower? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock