Search the forum,

Discuss Why does the hot tap on my bath smell like rotten eggs in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

i hope someone can help with this situation. Over the last week I’ve noticed that when running hot water for a bath it stinks of rotten eggs. This hasn’t happened before and seems
to have come nowhere.

We recently (about 6 weeks ago) had a couple of rads fitted in the house but I’m not sure how that could have caused this.

We have a combi boiler that’s around 15 years old (according the the plumber) and the pressure looks fine. It does make the occasional banging noise in quick succession but that’s been the case the whole time we’ve been here.
Any ideas on why this has started happening?

Hi,

i hope someone can help with this situation. Over the last week I’ve noticed that when running hot water for a bath it stinks of rotten eggs. This hasn’t happened before and seems
to have come nowhere.

We recently (about 6 weeks ago) had a couple of rads fitted in the house but I’m not sure how that could have caused this.

We have a combi boiler that’s around 15 years old (according the the plumber) and the pressure looks fine. It does make the occasional banging noise in quick succession but that’s been the case the whole time we’ve been here.
Any ideas on why this has started happening?
Is it only coming from the bath or every hot water outlet?

Reply to Why does the hot tap on my bath smell like rotten eggs in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
M
We’ve noticed a wet dog type of smell on items that have been in contact with hot water from our taps. This doesn’t happen with cold water from our taps. Do you have any ideas what this could be and how the issue can be resolved please?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We recently replaced a shower cubicle in our upstairs bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and shower cubicle and took the bath water feed from the existing shower. We were in the middle of a rennovation so the bathroom hadnt been used for 6 months or so in between. We replaced the tiles with the shower...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
The only hot tap that doesn't give constant hot water in the house is the bath tap. It gets hot for seconds and then goes lukewarm/cold. The connector had been disconnected from the tap, opened up the isolation valve and let the water run in to a bucket with the same thing happening, starts hot...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock