Search the forum,

Discuss Why does the hot tap on my bath smell like rotten eggs in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

i hope someone can help with this situation. Over the last week I’ve noticed that when running hot water for a bath it stinks of rotten eggs. This hasn’t happened before and seems
to have come nowhere.

We recently (about 6 weeks ago) had a couple of rads fitted in the house but I’m not sure how that could have caused this.

We have a combi boiler that’s around 15 years old (according the the plumber) and the pressure looks fine. It does make the occasional banging noise in quick succession but that’s been the case the whole time we’ve been here.
Any ideas on why this has started happening?

Hi,

i hope someone can help with this situation. Over the last week I’ve noticed that when running hot water for a bath it stinks of rotten eggs. This hasn’t happened before and seems
to have come nowhere.

We recently (about 6 weeks ago) had a couple of rads fitted in the house but I’m not sure how that could have caused this.

We have a combi boiler that’s around 15 years old (according the the plumber) and the pressure looks fine. It does make the occasional banging noise in quick succession but that’s been the case the whole time we’ve been here.
Any ideas on why this has started happening?
Is it only coming from the bath or every hot water outlet?

Reply to Why does the hot tap on my bath smell like rotten eggs in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock